“I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples.”
― Mother Teresa
Level I Volunteers
FDLE background clearance required.
Duties assigned within the presence of a LCS employee such as, but not limited to, chaperoning daytime group field trips, helper in a classroom or at the school site, helper in a department.
Level II Volunteers
Fingerprinting is required to conduct a State and National background clearance.
Duties assigned outside the immediate presence of a LCS employee such as, but not limited to, chaperoning overnight field trips, mentoring, and volunteer coaches. Level II volunteers will be notified via email if fingerprint registration is necessary.
1. Go to the website http://lake.k12.fl.us/Page/21827
2. Click towards the bottom NEW ONLINE VOLUNTEER APPLICATION
3. Than you will create a new account using a user name and password that is protected.
4. You will fill out this application. Submit any documents needed. This is easier than it sounds.
For example if it asks you for a copy of your driving license. You can wither snap a picture with your phone and send it to your computer or scan it into your computer. *Hint name your document what it is. So if it is your license name it license if it is proof of residency, name it proof of res.
5. Then you wait about a week or two.
6. Call Mre. Newman in the schools front office. She will tell you if you have cleared and if it is for level I or II status.
7. If you have cleared for level I than you will complete the next steps.
The Lake County School District requires fingerprint screening
according to State and Federal Guidelines. All Employees, Interns,
and Volunteers must be fingerprinted at the District Office or approved fingerprint site.
8. Got to the website http://lake.k12.fl.us/page/332
9. Click towards the bottom Click Here to Register for Fingerprinting
10. You will schedule an appointment in this area.
11. You go to your appointment. Which last about ten minutes. The school board fingerprints you digitally. Nothing else. You walk in. Get fingerprinted and walk out.
12. Call Mrs. Newman in about two weeks and see if your Level I passed.
Volunteers are NOT required to pay a fee but must register online for fingerprinting.
Notice: Lake County Schools has changed the company that processes fingerprint registration. As of June 1, 2013, fingerprint registration must be completed through the new company’s website. The new company is Fieldprint.